Chief Technology Officer
Priority Crypto have partnered with this Web3 and Metaverse technology company, which are building the first Decentralised Social Metaverse with Digital Identity, plus building different innovative products using blockchain technology and token standards. The current founder/CTO is looking to bring on either a Head of Engineering or CTO with experience to join them on this exciting new chapter in its evolution. This is an exciting opportunity with huge potential. The new CTO will have full authority when software development is concerned along with full authority, in conjunction with People Department, for laying off / firing team members who are not performing accordingly, which is near excellence performance in our organization. You will propose and justify an optimal technology org chart structure, which is in line with the budget of the department.
• Lead our tech stack and engineering staffing.
• Develop and mentor the engineering team to increase their expertise and understanding of best development practices
• Lead with the CEO on the definition, prioritisation, and realisation of the product roadmap
• Managing the in-house engineering team, contracting development partners, and heading the integrations of partner APIs to our platform
• Driving performance, efficiency, and effectiveness of the engineering and product development team ensuring the deliverables are achieved on time and on budget.
• Leading the discovery and implementation of new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
• Aligning and providing feedback on the product roadmap, working closely with the product to decide on prioritisation, resource allocation, and timelines
• Leading all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, strategic planning, design/architecture, execution, deployment, and maintenance
• Building quality assurance and data protection processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
• Prior CTO / Head of Engineering for a startup, preferably with a track record of one or more successful exits
• An effective leader and team player who knows how to hire and manage the right talent to scale the Engineering team
• Deep knowledge of full-stack modern development practices (ex: DevOps, APIs)
• Excellent understanding of blockchain, Solidity, web3 libraries, and Dapps.
• Experience designing product architecture
• Have a proven understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
• Very good understanding of different Cryptography algorithms, and implementing them in products
• Full Professional English Proficiency
• An engineering degree in IT, Mathematics or equivalent is a plus.
• Experience working with Authentication libraries and Digital Identity frameworks (such as SSI) is a plus
• Experience in the payments industry is a plus
• A strong product sense and can build engaging tech for customers
• Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
• Ability to evaluate product-market fit and other aspects of product performance, able to identify insights that will influence future decisions
• Exceptional listening, collaborative, and organisational skills
• Self-critical, avant-garde, detail-oriented
• Work with cross-functional teams (Design, Marketing, People) to attain business goals.
• Work in result driven environment with a data-driven approach.
• Time-bound and meeting deadlines is critical
• Work management, planning and organisation, skills are off the charts