Commercial Sales Manager
Are you inspired by authoritative and thought-provoking content? Do you have a passion for technology, innovation, and the people influencing this space? Will these attributes underpin your ability to amplify our client’s brand and shape your approach to business development?
Our client is looking for an outstanding Commercial Sales Manager with a background in business, tech, and consumer publications to join the commercial team. This role reports to the Group Commercial Director of our client. Revenue generation and monetisation are key deliverables, as you will spearhead initiatives to sell media campaigns, bespoke partnerships, and brand sponsorships across our client platforms, with a specific focus on our client’s brand.
- Develop, plan and implement our client’s Middle East’s annual brand and commercial sales strategy and business development initiatives for both offline and online.
- Establish annual, quarterly, and monthly sales targets. Track and manage the sales forecast, budget, and sales efficiency, and hit or exceed sales targets.
- Develop commercial sales pitches commerce concepts and bespoke partnership ideas tailored to the brand.
- Lead and project manage all sales-related activities and initiatives, ensuring objectives, KPIs, budgets, timelines, and deliverables are pre-defined and managed as planned. Evaluate KPIs and optimise the performance of the campaign.
- Track all commercial sales projects and perform an in-depth postmortem analysis to provide actionable enhancements to the commercial sales strategy on a quarterly basis.
- Grow the commercial portfolio and sales stream by (1) expanding our client’s Middle East’s potential with existing clients and (2) identifying and pursuing new clients and business opportunities.
- Inspire existing and new clients to drive incremental sales by developing creative media campaigns, bespoke partnerships, and commerce concepts.
- Build and manage strong relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders across brands and media agencies.
- Be the champion and brand ambassador of our client’s Middle East and educate brands and agencies on our commerce concepts, flagship events, and bespoke partnerships.
- Actively collaborate cross-functionally across the commercial and editorial teams to share knowledge, insights, and trends and create unique and value-driven revenue/monetisation opportunities.
- Identify and manage potential risks of all sales activities related to contract agreements and financial activities.
- Manage CRM information flow and document sales activity.
- 8+ years of experience in digital ad and content solutions and working with clients and agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of delivering revenue and results by selling print and multi-platform media advertising and content solutions and ability to manage a wide range of client portfolios across various verticals.
- Strong MENA client network with planners and buyers across agencies, and brand marketers from business, tech (both B2B and consumer tech), automobile innovation, and sustainability.
- A deep understanding of media agencies, ad networks, media organisations, and digital publishers
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint/ Mac Keynote.
- Sound understanding of analytics and CRM.
- Ability to converse in an articulate, authoritative manner on the full range of topics, including consumer and business technology, innovation, and culture.
- Strategic thinker and result-driven with a strong bias for action.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organisation, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, driven, and able to work under pressure.
- Open-minded and willing to learn, experiment and progress.
- Passionate about technology, innovation, sustainability, and the influential forces in this space.
- Opportunity to work in Web3/Crypto/DeFi
- Flexible working conditions
- Remote work location
- Sponsored global events travel
- Signing and performance bonuses
- Competitive remuneration (attractive salary, benefits, and incentives, including tokens and bonus opportunities)
Our client is an advocate of equal opportunity and fervently believes in nurturing diversity and inclusivity. Every application is valued. However, only those shortlisted will be approached for further discussions.
Please only apply if you have the above experience.