Growth Engineer (Gaming)
4/5 hour crossover with GMT+8 required, location not important.
We are working with a retained client that has a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games that make players smile.
We are looking for a Growth Engineer who is passionate about building innovative solutions in games. You will join a cross-functional and dynamic team of developers, and have a growth mindset that is strongly driven by a scientific approach and data-based experiments to optimize the growth of our games.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the growth team to identify, experiment and implement features to increase growth in our games
- Empathize with users and comprehend their product usage patterns in depth
- Look at the user experience from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives
- Setup analytics tools and visualize collected data
- Know how to prioritize ideas and experiments
- Setup A/B testing, player personalisation and segmentation
- Integrating features from community messaging services like Discord, Reddit etc
- Improving system stability by following and encouraging best practices like agile development and test-driven development
- Contributing to the decisions that shape our games and the company by giving as well as receiving feedback
As a successful candidate, you would have:
- A strong passion for games and would love to create the next big hit
- A growth mindset that understands business KPIs and goals
- Interest in product and marketing
- Frontend and backend development experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related fields
- 3+ years of building mobile/web applications, product management, user acquisition or marketing
- A high sense of quality and polish, and pride in the work that you deliver
- Excellent cross-function communication skills
- The ability to write clearly about technical and product-related subjects for non-technical audiences
- The ability to take tactical decisions and keep to a long term strategy
Experience or understanding of the following technologies is helpful to the position; the more the better, but expertise in all is not expected - on the job learning and training is highly supported.
- Customer engagement services - CleverTap / LeanPlum / Firebase
- Community messaging services API - Discord / Facebook / Bunch / Snapchat / Reddit
- Analytic software and methodology such as R and Python (libraries such as Pandas, Scikit-Learn, and SciPy)
- Microservices - Tracing / Service Discovery / Inter Service Messaging / Monitoring
- Containers - Docker / Kubernetes
- Using managed services listed above on AWS and/or Google Cloud
As a bonus, you would have experience working on a successful (>1M MAU) free-to-play game and exposure to engineering needs across the complete lifecycle.