Head of DevOps
Our blockchain client is a Web3 and Metaverse technology company with the vision to lead the change in Human Interactions and the mission to connect Real Humans. Our client is building the first Decentralised Social Metaverse and the Digital Identity of humans, which includes building different innovative products using blockchain technology and token standards.
The purpose of this role is to help the team with the development and maintenance of our Data platform either on Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and other suppliers. This will include the design and implementation of the strategy as we rapidly scale our data capabilities as well as maintenance and continuous improvements of the platform.
- Develop and deploy new services (Infrastructure as Code)
- Monitor and maintain appliances, dockers, data pipelines, blockchain nodes in the production environment.
- Establish backup, reliability and disaster recovery strategy for data services
- Plan and Implement CI/CD best practices, and automate security as part of CI/CD process
- Work with our engineering teams to secure our computing infrastructure
In addition, you will also:
- Changing priorities or differing situations encountered in the work environment, the incumbent has latitude to consider which among many procedures should be followed, in what sequence, to achieve the required results.
- Covered by practices and procedures which have clear precedents and/or operational guidance.
- Subject to managerial control and review of results.
- Experience working with GCP and AWS. Knowledge of other clouds is a plus,
- Experience with CI/CD, GitOps. You know how to deploy your services reliably and have used related tools to achieve that,
- Experience with monitoring solutions and central logging. Dashboards, alerts development (Prometheus, Grafana, GCP Logging, Splunk …)
- Experience deploying and maintaining Data Projects, you understand how data pipelines operate and what are the typical SLAs involved
- Solid understanding of the mobile development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively convey complex information at all levels.
- Scrum/Agile Development Methodologies and tools knowledge