Senior Backend Engineer
Our client is a leading and quickly growing blockchain/Web3/crypto/DeFi protocol that has delivered a next-generation staking product which is decentralised, liquid, and non-custodial with a core focus on Ethereum.
Our client is looking for exceptional, experienced, and self-motivated crypto/backend/cloud and data engineers. We’re looking for folks who live and breathe the space and are excited at the prospect of working with a project that is at the absolute bleeding edge of this technological revolution. You should take pleasure in solving hard problems and working with a team you’re proud of.
- Lead backend development
- Drive the design, development, and implementation of new features
- Work collaboratively across workstreams to rapidly iterate, experiment, and grow the protocol
- Design and build systems with an eye for performance, scalability, and resilience
- Deploy, operate, and maintain services in production.
- Ensure best practice across development, testing, and security
- Deep commercial understanding of blockchain and Ethereum/EVM
- Experience with Solidity and smart contract development
- Experience with ReactJS and frontend development
- Experience developing and maintaining Web3 / crypto / DeFi infrastructure
- Experience scaling out infrastructure for distributed services
- DevOps experience
- 5+ years of professional work in a backend engineering role
- Significant experience with NodeJS / Go
- Experience developing blockchain automation software (i.e. bots)
- Database experience
- A passion for technology and learning modern best practices in web development
- Desire to keep up with modern best practices in software development/crypto, and shape our tech stack as we build out new systems and services
- You lead with intellectual curiosity, strive for excellence, play as a team, and take pride in your work
- You’re comfortable working autonomously whilst ensuring excellent communication within the team, and constantly pushing to solve problems proactively
- You have an innate curiosity about Digital Assets, Web3, DeFi, and the Blockchain
- Opportunity to work at the bleeding edge of Web3 / crypto / DeFi
- Flexible working conditions
- Remote work location
- Offer token / equity packages
- Sponsored global events travel
- Annual global 1-week offsite
- Signing and performance bonuses
- Competitive remuneration (attractive salary, benefits, and incentives, including tokens and bonus opportunities)
Our client is an advocate of equal opportunity and fervently believes in nurturing diversity and inclusivity. Every application is valued. However, only those shortlisted will be approached for further discussions.
Please only apply if you have the above experience.