Senior Data Engineer
Our blockchain client is a Web3 and Metaverse technology company with the vision to lead the change in Human Interactions and the mission to connect Real Humans. Our client is building the first Decentralised Social Metaverse and the Digital Identity of humans, which includes building different innovative products using blockchain technology and token standards.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will write portable and reusable code for data gathering and analysis using Python and REST API frameworks. In addition to ensuring the availability of clean, usable data and data services. You will get to work closely with Product Owners to implement data pools and services as well as being a source of knowledge and guidance to other members of the development pool.
- Develop new data pools and enhance existing ones
- Thinking within substantially diversified, established procedures, standards and precedents; generally supervised.
- Be one of our gurus on data acquisition and transformation
- Participate in software design
- Collaborate with colleagues in a fast-paced environment based on project-oriented virtual teams.
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience in writing tests, both code and data with a strong desire to champion those standards.
- Experience with a number of differing data storage solutions, SQL and NoSQL databases, data warehouses, data lakes etc.
- Cloud experience (ideally GCP but transferable skills from other cloud providers is also fine).
- Expert in python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy and Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Knowledge of asynchronous task libraries, such as Celery.
- Very good understanding of blockchain technology, including the Ethereum blockchain and smart contracts