This is a key role with a studio-wide impact that requires strong technical knowledge with respect to Unreal Engine as well as expertise with game development and Metaverse / Web3.0 /blockchain applications in this space. With Unreal Engine & multiplayer open-world games tech expertise, you analyse, recommend and select the best technical directions in order to maximise cost & schedule efficiency, balancing short-term priorities with long-term goals.
As the Technical Director, you are the main stakeholder in the implementation of our client's vision of the Metaverse, linking art, design & business goals with technical solutions. You'll understand the opportunities and limitations of blockchain tech as it applies to game development, able to steer towards realistic goals. You'll work collaboratively with all the teams in the studio to improve the efficiency of their development process with respect to technical challenges and implementation.
● Interpret feature briefs & and other creative requests, identify challenges and opportunities and work alongside teams to establish goals and schedules
● Evaluate current internal &external technology and tools and recommend those that best meet project objectives and expectations
● Anticipate technological advances, design and implement software systems that support and exploit these opportunities
● Ensure the coherence, efficiency, scalability, modularity and compatibility of the features and tools developed by the team
● In-depth knowledge of UnrealEngine and its strengths & limitations; specific UE5 hands-on experience is a big plus
● Solid experience in multiple aspects of game technology development (gameplay, UI & UX, 3D, network, tools, animation)
● Strong understanding of software development processes with respect to networked applications, blockchain and integration of the two
● Mastery of common software development tools like bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) & version management systems (e.g. Perforce)