Technical Game Designer
Our client is a blockchain gaming-focused incubator and launchpad ecosystem, with over 50 projects launched, empowering innovators and project developers through access to funding, community and partnership building, and a full support system to help drive the future of gaming and blockchain.
As a Technical Game Designer, you will be the link between the design vision and the technical implementation in Unreal Engine.
You will be part of the Game Design Team and will work directly with the other teams of the project: Engineering, Art, QA.
In particular, you will:
• Help design & validate the technical feasibility of proposed game features (e.g.: missions & activities logic, open world systems, AI and PvE systems) with regards to Unreal Engine best practices and limitations
• Prototype & implement the technical elements of game features alongside Game Designers, Software Engineers and other job families
• Assess existing tools & design custom ones where needed. Suggest “off the shelve” solutions to support design pipelines and workflows. Call out risks and establish best practices
• Establish & maintain technical documentation such as procedures and how-to guides for internal and external partners
Additionally, you will:
• Support playtest efforts and provide feedback, with a focus on quality targets
• Champion the client's Metaverse across community facing channels when needed
• Participate in recruitment process to build and grow the technical design team.
This is a key role that requires a mix of game design & and technical knowledge with respect to Unreal Engine . Experience with Metaverse / Web 3.0 /blockchain applications in gaming is desirable but not required.
• Have 3-5 years of game industry experience in a technical design role in the F2P space (mobile, web or AAA)
• Have delivered at least two full lifecycle games, from ideation / preproduction to active LiveOPS.
• Have strong experience with Unreal Engine, especially for systems design, prototyping and implementation (e.g.: blueprints)
• You understand the game development process as a whole and are familiar with best practices with regards to resource planning, milestones, quality targets and bug tracking
• Are open to or already poses blockchain knowledge and see WEB 3.0 as an opportunity for the gaming industry
• Are a structured person, able to work with uncertainty and a good communicator with strong presentation skills and attention to detail